ABOUT THE COURSE
PUBLIC ADMIN. HIGHEST TOPPERS’ MARKS
THE UPSC 69TH REPORT: THE TRENDS IN OPTIONAL SUBJECTS
Before knowing anything specific about ANY OPTIONAL SUBJECT, one should first know about the different optional subjects in the CSE MAINS as categorised by the UPSC.
- THE OPTIONAL SUBJECTS AS CATEGORISED BY THE UPSC ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- ENGINEERING: Civil, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering
- MEDICAL SCIENCE: Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science and Medical Science
- SCIENCE: Agriculture, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology
- HUMANITIES – A: Anthropology, Geography, History, Philosophy, Psychology and Sociology.
- HUMANITIES – B: Commerce & Accountancy, Economics, Law, Management, Public Administration and Political Science & International Relations.
- LITT. OF LANGUAGES: Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Kashmiri, Konkani, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Nepali, Oriya, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Sindhi, Tamil,Telugu, Urdu, Bodo, Dogri, Maithili, Santhali and English.