THE VISION AND MISSION
- 1.“To provide level playing field to socio-economically deprived candidates by giving them the best guidance and quality of teaching.”
- 2.“To help the needy and those who are the most deserving and brilliant but due to their financial conditions, they have lack of confidence whether they can compete in UPSC against the candidates belonging to well-off families.”
- 3.To work for bridging the gap between The Have and The Haven’ts
- 4.To not only guide for becoming an IAS but also help in becoming a good human.
- Hence, we consider that it is our solemn duty and social responsibility to help out the candidates who face financial challenges and are not aware where to get good guidance.
THE OBJECTIVES OF THE 400 DREAMS PROGRAM
Since India is a highly diverse country with immense socio-economic variations in terms of resourcefulness of people, hence it is an endeavor to identify talented candidates throughout the country who have potential to become an IAS but due to socio-economic conditions, they may not dream or if they dream, they think they cannot do without any help and an appropriate guidance.
Today, society is increasingly becoming commercialized which makes it very difficult for those who deserve and have talent but somehow bereft of socio-economic resources. Such candidates cannot compete in UPSC against those who belong to the well-off families and by dint of money power they can get the best guidance in the market.
|THE COURSE FEATURES
- Classes: Classes 6 days a week and each class duration is 2.30 hrs.
- Duration: 10 months pre-cum-mains guidance program.
- Time: 11 am to 1.30 pm/ in case of parallel class, time: 2.00-4.30 pm.
- Teaching orientation:All the topics of GS which are common for both pre and mains will be taught in pre-cum-mains fashion. Rest is taught only in mains fashion.
- Performance Assessment: Every 20 days, there will be Class Test for performance assessment consisting of 50 questions for prelims and 5 questions for mains of which discussion will also be held.
- The CSAT classes: Three weeks of CSAT classes by a team of the most experienced faculties which also include test practice and discussion.
- A set of 25 tests for prelims and four tests for CSAT will be provided for your practice.
- For Current Affairs We have the most comprehensive focus on current affairs with three-layered approach:
1. The Daily Hindu Analysis with pre-cum-main focus for which recorded video will be provided.
2. The Daily Current Affairs PDF soft copy will be mailed.
3. Every Sunday ED(Editorial Discussion) CLASSES: It is mainly mains-oriented class which is very comprehensive, analytical and focus on perspective building.
- Essay Classes: 5 Essay classes which will guide how to write effective essay with three essay tests, evaluation, discussion and model answer.
- For Mains Answer Writing Skill Development: In addition to 5 MAINS Qs every 20 days, we have on every Saturday 5Qs writing practice based on the ED CLASSES with mentoring by the dedicated mentors.
- Interview Guidance: Once you clear the MAINS, the institute provides free interview guidance by the Team led by S. ANSARI SIR.
|THE COURSE FEATURES ARE UNMATCHABLE AND IF ONE FOLLOWS SINCERELY FOR 10 MONTHS, ONE WILL BE ABLE TO BUILD A VERY STRONG FOUNDATION FOR GS.
|THE PRINTED COURSE MATERIALS
Twelve booklets covering all Papers I, II, III & IV
One booklet on reports of Committees & Commissions (GS).
One booklet on Programs & Schemes.
One NOTE on ethics through current developments (2020-21).
Value in Administration -a DOPT Manual on Ethics.
Ethics-two work-books for practice as Q & A (MODEL ANSWER) of theory-based questions and case studies).
One-year model answers of Lukmaan’s Test Series
Every week one booklet on ED CLASSES.
Budget & Economic Survey notes.
ABOUT THE 400 DREAMS ALL INDIA SCHOLARSHIP TEST
the scholarship is equivalent to the performance in the test. There is no facility of giving guidance absolutely free to top 100 candidates.
HOW THE 400 DREAMS PROGRAM IS DIFFERENT FROM THE OTHER SCHOLARSHIP TESTS?
In the market, one can find that many institutes provide scholarship tests and offer concessions in fees. But our Program is completely different from them. The 400 Dreams is not merely a scholarship test. It goes even beyond in guiding the candidates.
Read the following differences
|THE 400 DREAMS
||OTHERS’ SCHOLARSHIP TESTS
|1.No hidden fees or charges or anything is not kept under the carpet
||1.May be hidden charges and fees. The program details remain under the carpet. Like the concession is only on the fee, not on the materials provided.
|2.You get the same guidance that we provide for the non-scholarship based admissions
||2.There may be discrimination due to scholarship-based admission
|3.The Course includes prelims/mains/essay test series/interview and writing skill development classes
||3.The course will not include all of them.
|4.The 400 students also get concession in optionals
||4.No such facility given by any institution
|5.The 400 candidates are identified throughout the country. It is like talent-hunting. That is why we give preference to outside candidates.
||5.The purpose is to boost admission, and not talent-hunting. They give more priority to Delhi-based candidates.
|6.They get opportunity to be guided by amongst the best faculties including S Ansari who teaches GS Paper-II/IV.
||6.You will not get opportunity to be taught under the guidance of a teacher to the stature of S Ansari.
|7.Since 2013, UPSC has changed its pattern, hence, we have a new genre team that understands the present demand of civil services exams.
||7.Largely, it is found that still teaching is based on old pattern which candidates realise after 1-2 years of completion of their courses.
|8.A well-developed system of Teacher-Student interaction.
||8.Largely teacher vanishes as soon as the class ends.
|REST DEPENDS ON YOUR WISDOM OF CHOICE MAKING
Q.1 What is The 400 dreams?
Ans. “The 400 Dreams” is an initiative by Lukmaan IAS to provide a platform for those aspirants who want to achieve their dream of becoming an IAS but can’t afford the fees of coaching institutions due to socio-economic challenges. This programme allows them to fulfil their dreams by grabbing this opportunity. This The 400 Dreams project is “RESERVED FOR THE ONE WHO DESERVES THE BEST”.
Q.2 What is the eligibility to apply for this scholarship test?
Ans. To apply for this programme, you just have to be graduate. Aspirants who are in the last year of their graduation can also apply.
Q 3. Tell me about the scholarship test paper?
Ans.It will be of 10+2 level NCERT-based question oriented towards the standards of the UPSC. Largely consisting of history, geography, economy, polity, general science of 10th standards, GK and some questions related to current developments (last six months).
Q 4. Will the scholarship test paper also have aptitude questions?
Q 5. I don't have any in-depth knowledge about UPSC. So, am I able to prepare for the test?
Ans.Yes, why not? You can take NCERT books from the market ( from 6th to 12th standards) and any GK book and prepare thoroughly.
Q 6. How can I know the standards of questions asked in the scholarship test?
Ans.To have thorough idea of the test paper, please check on our website and download the sample papers of last 2 years which is uploaded in “The 400 Dreams” section.
Q 7. Will there be any negative marking and one third will be deducted per wrong question?
Ans.No. There is no negative marking.
Q 8. Is it compulsory to choose the optional subject prior to test when I don't have any idea about what optional should I choose?
Ans.No, it is not important. If you have not decided yet, then you can take decision after admission.
Q 9. What are the Optionals offered by Lukmaan IAS ?
Ans. Public administration
Q 10. Does this programme also include scholarship for optional subject?
Ans.Aspirants will get 20% concession in the optional subject.
Q 11. Will students get an opportunity to interact with teacher/faculty?
Ans.Yes, it is our USP. We have a well-developed mechanism for teacher-students interaction.
Q 12. Is there any hidden charges for the test and over all process ?
Ans.No! There is no hidden charges for this programme.
Q 13. If any student who had secured a rank in the previous ‘The 400 Dreams’ test 2018/2019/2020, is he eligible for the scholarship in the current ‘The 400 Dreams’ 2021?